Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Prayer for my Husband--on our 26th Wedding Anniversary




Lord, bless and preserve my cherished husband, whom You have given me: let his life be long and blessed, comfortable and holy; let me ever be a blessing and comfort to him, a sharer in all his sorrows, a consolation in all the accidents and trials of life; make me forever lovable in his eyes and forever dear to him; unite his heart to mine in fondest love and holiness, and mine to him in all sweetness, charity and submission. Keep me from all ungentleness; make me humble and obedient, that we may delight in each other according to Your blessed word. May both of us rejoice in You, having our portion in love and service to God forever. AMEN

The author of this prayer is A. Francis Coomes, S.J. It can be found in the Mother's Manuel. There is also a Father's Manuel which can also be purchased.

1 comment:

Juliana E. said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many more years filled with joy to celebrate together!